Friday, February 12, 2010

No business like Pho-business

I LOVE magic soup night. It's never been the same Pho twice, but it's been magic soup every time. I can't even begin to name ALL the ingredients in Beni's magic soup, but I'll try and cover most of them.
Beni made an aeromatic broth of beef and vegetables and added clams and beef shank. He also prepared some rice noodles, which the kids love. Then he created a tray of fresh herbs and vegetables to dress the soup "to taste"... This included basil, cilantro, lime, paper thin mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, jalepenos, and green onions.



On the side, Beni made FROM SCRATCH, curried shrimp filled dumplings. Pan fried and then steamed to give the dumplings that perfect, slightly chewy, texture, and filled with flavor.



I'm a woman of few words tonight... I just wanted to share with the world how DELICIOUS and spiritually satifying dinner was. Now, movie night... Zombieland.

No comments:

Post a Comment